Progress on the Kimono quilt
April 25, 2011 § 5 Comments
I thought I’d show you my how I made my “design decisions” for the Kimono Quilt and the progress I’ve made.
Once I had made my Kimono Block, I then had 16 and so could play with the layout of them until I found one I was happy with. It was quite hard to find a balance as they are all so lovely and yet so very different. It took me several trials before I came up with this one.
As you can see I was helped by my able assistant, Mr Tiggy.
After this I cut some of the sashings and I sewed the sashings between the top four blocks.
Then I cut the horizontal sashings and and laid the blocks out onto different fabrics to see which one I should use for the cornerstones.
The first fabric I tried was a red version of the cream Futoji Kanji which I used for the sashings.
I have sewn the first two vertical sashings to the first block in the second row so I’m happy with my progress as I am hand-piecing these blocks. Better get back to it…